Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Food for the Soul

I came across this just now in my notes and thought it was really encouraging, so I will share it!!!

(This is collaborated from Isaiah chapters 49, 50, & 51 along with Psalm chapters 100, & 101 different versions too amplified, NKJV, NLT, NIV)  Oh and the Italicized words are definitions :) I withheld from going deeper into this because I just wanted it to encourage you as you read it :) ! 

"The Lord has called me from the womb; from the body of my mother He has named my name. And He has made my mouth like a sharp sword; in the shadow of His hand has He hid me & made me a polished arrow; in His quiver {a case for holding or carrying arrows} has He kept me close & concealed me. And the Lord said to me, You are my servant, _(your name)_____ (who strives with God & with men & prevail) in whom I will be glorified. For the Lord God helps me; therefore have I not been ashamed or confounded. Therefore have I set my face like a flint {something hard and unyielding}, and I know that I will not be put to shame. I will listen to the Lord almighty, as I follow after rightness & justice. I will seek and inquire of the Lord. I will look to the rock from which I was hewn & to the hole in the quarry from which I was dug.
For the Lord will comfort me. In His arm shall I trust and wait with hope, because my heart is set before the Lord, with His law & instruction written on my heart. I will not fear the reproach of men neither will I be afraid or dismayed at their revilings {speak abusively}
I will sing of mercy & loving kindness & justice; to you, O Lord, will I sing. With my whole being body and soul I will shout out to the living God who gives me life. That I may truly know (percieve, recognize, and understand with approval) that the Lord IS God! It is He who has made us, not we ourselves {and we are His} We are His people and the sheep of His pasture. I know that you favor and delight in me because my enemy does not triumph over me. You have upheld me in my integrity and set me in your presence forever. I will hope in God and be waiting expectantly for Him, for I shall yet praise Him, my help and my God.


Be Blessed! You are deeply Loved by God :)

No comments:

Post a Comment