Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Editor's notes

I am so excited to have received my manuscript back from my editor! I love all the advice she gave me and will be diligently working this next couple of weeks on my edits! I thought I wouldn't like this part as much but today when I sat down to review, it was amazing. I love seeing and rereading what the Lord gave me. I am left in bewilderment and awe that God allowed me to write and has brought me this far! I just worked on the intro and first chapter this morning but while I was writing I stumbled upon this thought...

This book is about revealing God's heart as a father as well as restoring a relationship with a father. So as I was rewording and going into more depth on some things I wrote, I found John 14:3," When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am."(NLT). I was explaining how God is omnipresent and always with us but then I saw how much God longs for us to always be with Him. It was a thought that never really crossed my mind. I know God is always with me but He actually desires me to always be with Him. Take a moment and think about that.

My father is a policeman. He is a protector. Sometimes I view God as my protector as the reason He is always with me... and because He loves me and is God. I knew also that God longs for us to spend time with Him and be with Him but I never really thought about the reason God is preparing a House with rooms for us so we can be with Him wherever He is. And it isn't a control issue... you need to be by my side. No, it's a deep love that longs to be near a child.  This is proof that God longs for us to be close to Him and not just God being close to us. 

He really is a father who cares for His children, watches over them and wants the very best for them. 

Encouragement of the day: God longs for you to be with Him wherever He is. Think about how much God is in love with you. He is preparing a place for you so you can be with Him. Even though He is with you always, He wants you to be with Him.  You can never get enough of God's Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment