Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Almost Finished

It's been a long time coming but I finally have the official title of the book! It is called, "Abba, A Daughter's Cry". I had been going back in forth between titles and none of them seemed to fit. The night before I had to give my editor the final title, I asked the Lord to give me a title. I felt like I needed to be still, listen and keep my mind from wandering and I knew the Lord would answer me. There is a verse in Romans 8 that talks about being children of God and since we are children of God we can call Him Abba, Father. That's when the title Abba, A Daughter's Cry came to my mind. I knew in a moment that was the perfect title for the book because as Daughters our hearts long and cry out for a father, and not just any father but a good father. We have a longing in our hearts to call out to God and call Him Abba.


This will be the front cover of the book. I absolutely love the colors and the font. I also love open fields. They remind me of freedom. I love how the wind blows the grass in the field because it looks as if it is dancing. The clouds in the distance represent storms in life but the brightness of the field brings joy and hope. Abba, a daughter's cry, is about the storms in a relationship between a father and a daughter. It is also about discovering God's heart as a Father which leads to restoration between a father and a daughter. The book isn't very lengthy because I wanted to keep it short. It is simply a guide to lead you closer to discovering God's heart for you and how to have a relationship with your dad.

I have not been told a release date yet, but I am hoping for sometime in July. They will be printing off a couple of copies and mailing them to me to look over and once I give the final 'OK' marketing will take off!


Romans 8:14-16 "For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God. So you have not received a spirit that makes you fearful slaves. Instead, you received God's Spirit when he adopted you as his own children. Now we call him, "Abba, Father." For his spirit joins with our spirit to affirm that we are God's children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment